Best Waterproof Backpacks For Camping Outdoors
We all live a busy life, where we have a fixed routine to follow every day. We live in the same house, follow the same routine, and at the end, are the same person. But once in a while, a person should go out and explore the things unknown to him. He should go and do something he has never done, in a place unknown to him.
One such activity that he can indulge in is Camping. Camping provides such adventure in life that we all want. We get to go to places that we haven’t explored as yet, and even if we have, we still find something new in it. It just keeps on evolving.
Camping is a medium through which we can focus all of our attention on the thing we love, our hobby. It can be biking, hunting, photography, etc. While camping, there are no distractions whatsoever. It provides the best place to focus. There are many advantages of camping.
- The fresh air
- Enhance mood
- Reduces Stress
- Peaceful sleep
- Organic Food
- Peace of Mind (Meditation)
Thus, all in all, meditation brings you close to nature and helps you enjoy the gift of Earth. There are no distractions, except for the thoughts in your mind. It provides the much-needed peace of mind to the people and a getaway from the busy world. A person should camp every once in a while.
The 7 Best Best Waterproof Backpacks On The Market
Equipment Needed for Camping
There are various objects that are needed for camping, and a person can never be fully prepared to face any obstacle during camping. But he should always carry the most necessary equipment in his camping to make sure he can face most of the obstacles. Some of the basic and essential equipment for camping are listed below:
- Tent Accessories
- Tent Spares
- Sleeping Bags
- Camping Furniture
- Cooking equipment
- Eating and Drinking
- Air Beds
- Air Pump
- Sleeping Mats
- Tent Lights
- Power Supplies
- Portable Heaters
- Insect Repellent
- Back Packs
- Camping Shoes
- Protective Gear
These are some of the important equipment. Tent is one of the most important. On should always choose the best camping tent and the most used tent is the four person tent. The person can choose to take them or not.
Going on camping means that a person constantly has to carry loads of clothes and camping equipment with him to various places and terrains. The best way to efficiently do so is by using a backpack. It is normally a bag which the traveler can put on his back, and thus, his hands are free, and it also feels lighter for him.
Carrying lot of equipment in any other bag or suitcase can be very difficult, especially when the person has to pass through difficult terrains and various obstacles. It also adds some pressure and weight on the person. But, in the case of a backpack, especially the camping backpack, one can store a good amount of objects without many problems.
Benefits of Using a Backpack
There are various benefits of using a backpack over others. Some of the major benefits include:
- Organization: It is very easy to organize stuff in a backpack, rather than a suitcase. In a backpack, there are numerous pockets and various compartments. These are fully organized for better storage of the things in it. Pockets allow a person to categorize things in the backpack and store accordingly for the journey. Thus, it provides good organization of things and equipment.
- Weight Distribution: A backpack does not reduce the weight of the things that are stored in it, but instead it evenly divides the weight on the shoulders. You don’t need to carry the weight on one hand or shoulder, as is the case in suitcases and side bags. It improves the posture of carrying weight.
- Mobile: When your camping involves a lot of movement from one place to another, it is better to prefer a backpack. It allows you to carry it easily and even avoids problems in movement. You just need to put it on and go. It is very simple and organized. Thus, it is the best option for camping.
- Adventure: Backpacks are always built for adventure. They are made by keeping in mind the adventurous traveling involved in camping, trekking, and other intense activities. Thus, buying a backpack while going on an adventurous trip is the best option possible. So a backpack should be on top of the list while you plan an adventurous camping.
Things to Keep in Mind
There are various kinds of different backpacks available in the open market. These all vary in many aspects and are not suitable for everyone. Different people and different types of camping require a particular type of backpacks. Thus, there are many things that a person should keep in mind while choosing a backpack. These are:
1. Type of Frame
There are two types of frames, Internal, and External. The external frames are more preferable when carrying large weight over short or established trails. It allows a better air circulation for your back and a good posture.
On the other hand, internal frames are more suitable for carrying lighter weights over a short distance. They are easy to carry and move, and thus can be used while traveling over an unknown trail, where you need to move around a lot. Thus depending on your need, you can choose one of the two.
2. Determine the Torso Fit
Different brands have different ways to determine the torso length, so it is important to keep this in mind. The torso length best for you must be from your seventh vertebrate to your waistline. It can be measured using a simple measuring tape, where the distance from the waist line to the base of the neck can be measured.
It ranges from 18” to 22”. If it is 18” or less, a small size bag will suffice. For 20” a medium sized pack will be needed. For a torso of over 20” a large size pack will be needed.
3. Carrying Capacity
The traveler must keep in mind as to how much capacity pack he will need, based on the total weight he will carry and also the length of the trip. A longer trip will require a larger capacity bag while a short trip will need only a smaller capacity pack.
There are many types of packs. Packs with capacity fewer than 2,500 cubic inches are ideal for lightweight camping and various high-intensity day trips. Packs with capacity in the range of 2,500 and 4,000 cubic inches are suitable for weekend trips in all weathers except winters.
Packs with a capacity of 4,000 to 6,000 cubic inches are ideal for a weekend trip in winters or a weeklong trip in any season. Finally, packs with capacity over 6,000 cubic inches are suitable for longer trips, and ones which have more gears and equipment.
1. Overboard Waterproof Pro-Sport Backpack
Some gears are such that require a completely waterproof storage for them. Even a little bit of water can be very harmful. This product is made for such cases. There are many products that guarantee a waterproof experience, but this pack delivers it. It has a good space, with a capacity of 20 liters.
It is nylon made bag and offers many different features including padded shoulder straps and back, adjustable belt. It has a containing capacity of 1,200 cubic inches, with a variety of inner and outer zipped pockets. The top can also be rolled down easily when the excess capacity is not used, to avoid bulkiness.
- First of all, it is made up of very sturdy material, which makes it long lasting.
- It is great in avoiding water from getting in.
- It is most suitable for kayaking, and such water sports.
- It has the unique feature of floating in water if dropped.
- This means water cannot enter easily.
- One of the major drawbacks can be its capacity.
- At 1,200 cubic inches, it has a very low capacity, and can sufficiently store just about the essentials for the trip.
- Also, there are not many small zipped pockets on the inside and the outside as well. It means small objects cannot be organized always.
- Many people also found it a bit heavy and even complained of narrow straps.
A user gave this pack a perfect rating and said that even after taking this to various canoeing trips, it held up well. It avoids water even when it is kept in the rain all day at the bottom of the canoe. He was satisfied with this pack, and also found the outside water bottle holder to be sufficient for his use.
2. Gowiss Backpack - Rated 20l/33l
This is a very lightweight and extra durable backpack. It is very compact and packs a punch for short visits. Also, it has adjustable straps, which makes the handling very easy and comfortable. It has several pockets and zips that help it become more organized, without using too much space. It comes in two variants of 20 liters and 33 liters.
It is made from a very high-quality nylon fabric, which provides it great durability and also avoids water from penetrating inside. It is very lightweight, ranging between 0.46 to 0.50 pounds. It has multiple compartments. Along with the main compartment, it has two front pockets, one inner security pocket, and also two pockets on either side of the bag. These provide a good place to help organize the stuff.
- This product carries a lifetime warranty with it.
- If the user does not like it for any reason and wants to replace it or even return it, the company obliges to the user.
- It is very compact, and thus it can be folded into a small bag.
- It is also very lightweight and easy to carry around.
- It is very well constructed and is long-lasting.
- It is mostly suitable for small children.
- It is made up of thin and flimsy material, that some users feel are not durable.
- It is very small in size and is not very good for storing a lot of goods.
- It can safeguard only the essentials.
A user gave this product a perfect rating. She found this bag to be perfectly well-constructed and lightweight, and thus, perfect for long trekking. She could use it to store all her essentials, including water, passport, wallet, sunglasses, etc. Also, it can be folded, and thus doesn’t take additional space for keeping in the suitcase. Also, it is waterproof, so she liked it on her trips into stormy islands. She found it as a total worth for her money.
3. Chaos Ready® Waterproof Backpacks
This backpack is made from 500 PVC Tarpaulin materials which are very durable. This also provides 100% guarantee of being waterproof. There is a total of four compartments, including one main compartment, two side pockets and one front pouch for better organization. However, the front pouch is not waterproof.
It is a compact bag, good enough for a weekend trip. It has a capacity of 22 liters, which is sufficient for packing all the essentials for the trip. It also has properly padded shoulders, which gives comfort to the user in his journey. It also sports a Trifold buckle system, which is very convenient to use.
- The main advantage of this pack is that it is 100% waterproof.
- It can be kept in water for several hours and would still float on it.
- It is very tough and durable bag, made with high frequency welded seams for extra strength.
- It has good compartments which allow the user to organize properly.
- It is also very stylish in appearance.
- The front pocket is not 100% waterproof, and the essential items kept water can foil there.
- It is not very comfortable to use and can get a bit hard to carry.
- It puts the entire burden on the shoulders as there are no side belts.
- It thus, gets hard to carry it around.
A user gave this backpack a perfect rating. It is mentioned that the welded seams make the bag lighter to carry, and also makes it durable and waterproof. She tested it for waterproofing by floating it in a tub of water. She tried to drown it in water but failed. She found it perfect for hiking, canoeing, camping, etc. It is also dust proof. She only didn’t like the front pocket not being waterproof.
4. Lowepro Dryzone 200 Camera Backpacks
It is a backpack made with the camera in mind. It can hold a DSLR, with 3 or 4 lenses inside it. The part where the camera is kept is totally waterproof. It is made of nylon, covered with plastic. The other part of the bag is made of water-resistant ballistic nylon. It is very helpful in protecting the camera when in nature, and also moving camera easily.
In the lower part, the camera is kept in a waterproof area, closed with a zip. The upper area is a free-flow region with just a mesh pocket. It also includes a tripod carrier. It comes in various color combinations, and also includes a place for mp3 player.
It is very comfortable to wear. The straps are perfectly designed to be able to adjust it to any body type. It is also completely waterproof. Even if you have a camera in the bag, it won’t submerge in water, and thus will protect the camera.
- It takes a lot of efforts to maintain the zipper to the waterproof compartment.
- The zipper can get very difficult to use. Also, it is fairly expensive.
- It has various compartments, but it isn’t very big and spacious inside.
- After the zippers fail, it is just another bag. It is very heavy to carry.
A user gave this product a great rating. He has used it for some years and has found it to be holding up very well. He uses it on camping, hiking, and canoeing trips. He loads a lot of gears into it, and it gets very heavy. He recommends carrying a lubricating tube, which helps in maintaining the waterproof zipper. It is also comfortable to carry due to the padded straps.
5. Cvlife Outdoor Tactical Backpack Military Rucksacks
This is a bug bag with a capacity of 30 liters. It has a main compartment and also sports a secondary compartment. It has a build of 600D nylon, which makes it extremely durable. The compartments have many other small pockets inside them, and there are also two additional pockets outside the bag.
This bag also comes in 3 color variants. It has a sturdy design and can be waterproof to a certain level. The straps are very well stitched and extremely comfortable.
- The bag is pretty durable and rugged.
- It is made of good, sturdy material.
- It is just good sized, that is neither too big and nor too small.
- It has a great build quality and is very well constructed.
- It has gaps at the area where zippers meet, and this may leak water into the bag. Thus, this means this bag is not perfectly waterproof.
- Also, the joints can be fragile sometimes and thus, can break when applied pressure.
A user reviewed this product as a very satisfactory one. He found the bag to be of good quality, with good storage and expansion. Though it had a waterproof material, it may not be waterproof due to small gaps between zippers. He found the straps to be very comfortable. He, however, didn’t like the top handle and found it small. He bought it for adventure sports and also for daily use, and found it to be useful.
6. Hopsooken 30l Ultra Lightweight Travel Water Resistant Packable Backpack
It is a backpack with great style, and also a lot of pockets. It is a 30-liter pack which has a roomy main compartment, two front zippers, and two side pockets. It is very lightweight and also can be stuffed into itself. It is a durable bag made of nylon rip and also nylon fabric, which is water resistant. It is big enough to store essentials on a trip.
It is a very lightweight bag, with the weight of just 0.7 pounds. The various compartments help organize the stuff. It is best suitable for camping and hiking. The major attraction of this pack is its ability to fold itself. It can be taken anywhere, without using much space, and used when necessary. Also, it is waterproof, which helps all the users a lot.
- It is very lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- It is also comfortable to carry around with its straps.
- It is very well constructed and stylish.
- It has a lot of room and compartments to allow organizing of stuff for the user.
- It is also well priced.
- It is very small and can be used to store only the essentials.
- It should also be kept away from high pressure.
- The zippers and other material are lightweight and may not bear pressure.
- It is made from a very light material, and it has a fragile feel to it.
- It doesn’t have to pad on the straps.
A user found this bag to be very helpful. The various compartments to store goods were good for her. She found the bag to be well-stitched and thinks that it will hold up in the long run. It was very lightweight and to her liking. However, she found the straps to be just very lightly padded. She will use it only for light weight stuff.
7. Arcenciel 25l Outdoor Sports Camouflage Tactical Backpack
It is a strong and high-intensity bag, with a military style build. It is quite durable, with longer straps and sliders. It is also waterproof to ensure the safety of the goods kept inside. It has a good capacity of 25 liters. It has various compartments. There are two front zippers, two side pockets, and four other interior compartments.
It is made from high strength abrasion nylon, and also the inside is made from silky cotton. It is suitable for various purposes including adventure sports, fitness, outdoor travels, etc. The long straps make it even more comfortable to use. It is well designed to be used in daily life too.
- It is very well structured and made.
- It has a good life.
- There are ample space and compartments in the bag to make it well organized and useful.
- It also has a good posture and lays flat on the back.
- It is waterproof and protects its contents from outside water.
- The bag is not wide enough. It is not recommended to put extra-large items in the bag, as when the limit is crossed, it may break down.
- The pockets inside are weak and may break based on usage.
A user gave this product a perfect rating. He loved the size and the build quality of the product. He found it waterproof and also durable. It was best for his solo camping trips in the wild. He also loved the compartments and all the additional pockets.
Opinion – Best Backpack
Each of the backpack discussed above serves their unique purpose. But out of all these, the best one can be CHAOS READY® WATERPROOF BACKPACK. This is a pack which is very durable and also guarantees to be 100% waterproof. It is loved by the customers and thus, is the best one of the lot. It is extremely value for money.
Thus, to conclude, camping is a great stress buster, but one needs to be very well prepared for it. All the equipment and gear must be taken and packed accordingly. We hope this blog was helpful to you. If you liked it, do share it with others. If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment.