Make Your Hunting Sharper And Straighter Than Ever Before: 5 Best Reflex Sight For Camping and Hunting!
Are you fond of hunting? Are you making a lot of efforts to sharpen your focus for the target through your shotgun’s iron sight? Are you willing to purchase the best reflex sight for more accuracy and swiftness regardless of range?
Then this buyer’s guide will provide you some important regarding best products of red dot sights available in the market, factors affecting buying of best reflex sight.
Top 5 Best Reflex Sight 2017 Market
What are Reflex Sights? What are its Uses?
Reflex sight or red dot sight is an optical instrument, which is used for the observation of projection of lighting through the reflecting glass, which directly strikes on the surface of the target or aim.
You might be aware of the iron sight, which is located on the flat tops of firearms. In other terms, reflex sight is a substitute of iron sight.
Uses of Reflex Sights
- It is used for the short range aiming.
- It is apt for the camping and hunting; it should be an important inclusion in your hunting kit.
- It offers the greater relief to the eyes than iron sights as you need to open both the eyes at the moment.
- It can aim moving objects as well with more speed and preciseness.
- Reflex sights can be mounted on many weapons such as AR15, AK47 for the accuracy in closer range.
How to shoot using the Best Reflex Sight?
- Focus on the Target: Aiming the target from the iron sights is a bit tough task as you have to focus with a single eye. As you see through the sight, the red dot will display in front of your eyes. Hence, you just need to focus on the red dot with both the naked eyes. Press the trigger, once the red dot strikes on the target.
- Adjust the brightness: As the brightness is low, the clarity of the target will be high. Well, if you want a reflex sight for night use then you should choose a sight, which has enhanced night vision settings. This will make your target less blur during night.
- The process of zero in Using the information, which is given on the printed aim point shooting target and computing the squares from the point of impact and the preferred line, you can easily zero in your sight with the target. Computation of squares is handy to know a number of clicks required for controlling and adjusting of screws.
How to Select the Best Reflex Sight for Yourself?
Before choosing the best reflex sight, you should take into consideration some factors, which are as described below:
- Brightness and Clarity: Whether you are going for a hunt in early morning or a late night, your reflex sight should enable sufficient brightness and clarity of the aim for the precise target. Nowadays, auto-brightness adjustment feature comes in most of the efficient red dot sights.
- Parallax-free sight: If you want accurate aiming for the moving objects than your sight should be parallax-free. Parallax defines as a tendency of concurrent movement of the reticle and moving object when the user is moving the eye behind the reflex sight. Hence, you can hunt with more quickness and preciseness, even if the target is moving.
- Battery life: Enhanced reflex sights come with a feature called auto-start mode. In fact, few sights do not even have an on-off switch. The sight gets on by the unveiling of the lens cover. Therefore, there are many possibilities of battery draining without your consideration. Since it should run at least 50000 hours, the mostly CR2032 battery is used as it lasts longer. You might require a portable camping generator to recharge the battery.
- Durability: Material of the optic should be sturdy, strong and durable. Indeed reflex sights are used for rough and tough jobs. Hence there is no point to purchasing reflex sight with lower grade material. The housing of the sight comes in magnesium, aluminum, nylon polymer, etc. Pick the sight, which is reliable, resilient and durable.
- Price: Price is an essential considering factor for purchase. In the case of reflex sight, you should make sure that you expend money on the sturdy material as this is an essential component of your firearm. It doesn’t mean that go for an expensive product. All in all choose the sight, which can run for years and withstand against the toughest jobs and fluctuations of temperature. It should be a combo of economic and sturdy!
Below are the best reflex sights, which are available in the market:
1. Vortex Optics SPR-1303 Spitfire 3x Prism Scope with EBR-556B Reticle (MOA), Black
Compact design, excellent optic quality, prominently durable, fog proof and shock proof! What else someone needs in an ideal reflex sight? Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism Scope is designed for the AR rifles. Its enhanced features such as prism-oriented deign, adjustment of windage and elevation and admirable performance within short and long ranges due to 3x magnification make it a good competitor.
- It has 3x magnification features
- It weighs 1.4 pound
- Prism oriented design
- EBR-556B reticle, which is suitable for 5.56 x 45 cartridges
- Field of view is 31.5/ 100 yards
- It enables eye relief of 2.8 inches
- It provides the maximum adjustment of windage and elevation up to 120 MOA
2. EOTech 512.A65 Tactical HOLOgraphic AA Batteries Weapon Sight
Are you in search of military grade sight for camping? EOTech Holographic Weapon Sight is designed for the military grade jobs. Hence, its excellent performance and enhanced features will leave you in wonder.
It is made from highly durable Aluminium. Moreover, it is certainly good shock absorber, waterproof and incorporated with enhanced optic features.
- It is a holographic weapon type sight
- Use of laser light to light the red reticle
- Rough aluminum housing
- 2 AA batteries, which are suitable for Picatinny and Weaver rails
- It is made in the USA
3. Sightmark Ultra Shot M-Spec Reflex Sight
Either you are heading to a desert or a forest for camping; Sightmark Ultra Shot M-Spec Reflex Sight is certainly an apt choice regardless of any atmospheric condition. Moreover, you can attain advanced characteristics such as excellent clarity during night time, long-run battery life.
Undoubtedly it is highly durable, water resistance and shock absorber. You can adjust the brightness of day and night time since it is incorporated with enhanced brightness settings.
- Its magnification limit is 1x
- The reticle color of the reflex sight is red
- It enables 65 MOA red dot sight with 2 MOA cross hairs
- It comes in magnesium alloy housing
- It weighs 8 oz.
- It is apt for Weaver trails
- CR2 battery
- Different brightness settings for day and night time
- Battery life of 10000 hours
4. Trijicon RMR 3.25 MOA Adjustable LED Red Dot Sight
How about automatic brightness mode, excellent durability, and LED dot reticle? Trijicon RMR 3.25 MOA certainly has all these characteristics. In fact, it is made from highly durable Aluminium alloy, which is used in the construction of aircraft. Moreover, it enables the special feature for the regulation of elevation and windage.
- It enables 3.25 MOA LED dot light
- Automatic adjustable brightness settings
- 7075-T6 Aircraft Aluminium alloy housing
- It comes with true-colour multi-glazed lens• Alterable elevation and windage
5. Burris 300235 Fastfire III No Mount 3 MOA Sight (Black)
If you are seeking a reflex sight, which is a combo of precision and swiftness to detect the objects then Burris 300235 Fastfire III is the end of your search. Moreover, it enables good brightness due to 3 MOA red dot reticle. It also offers elevation and windage adjustment setting.
All in all, you can estimate the air resistance, which results into the distraction from the target.
- Lifetime warranty
- It is made from highly durable material
- Passed through various test to examine the reliability and quality
- It enables 3 MOA dot reticle
- It enables windage and elevation adjustment settings
- Self-adjusting three level brightness settings
- Incorporated indicator for the low battery sign
- 5-MOA red dot reticle for the auto-adjusting of brightness
Before purchasing the best reflex sight, you should consider some essential factors such as battery life, auto-adjusting brightness settings, elevation and air resistance features, weight and price. Well, your reflex sight should be highly durable as hunting is not each product’s cup of tea.
Well, Vortex Optics SPR-1303 Spitfire 3x Prism Scope satisfies all of the above characteristics to some extent. Its advanced features such as 3x magnification factor, elevation, windage and brightness adjustments, prism-oriented design and enhanced optic system make it a leading product amongst all.