Key chains can be very useful at times. Until now, key chains did not have much use as an accessory for traveling. However, things have changed now. Nowadays, key chains can also be as flashlights thanks to the invention of LEDs. The best keychain flashlight would be compact and able to easily fit in a small object like the keychain.
Best Keychain Flashlight
LED lights are small and very light in weight, but they emit a very bright light. All you need to do is to get the best keychain flashlight that meets your requirement.
These key chains are very much useful while traveling and camping. The best keychain flashlight is easy to carry and compact.
The Best Keychain Flashlights
What is a Keychain Flashlight?
The Keychain Flashlight is one of the most compact sources of light. It can easily fit into your pocket. It is a keychain, which has an in-built LED light. The LED light is appropriately bright in order to help you through when it is dark. Keychain Flashlights are designed in such a way that they maintain the grace of a keychain and still can be easily carried in a pocket.
The intensity of light emitted by LED may vary and you can get the one, which suits your requirement. This is the best keychain flashlight since keychains are preferred over the large and voluminous torches key chains are very compact and hardly require any space to store.
What are the Different Types of Flashlights available in the Market?
There are many varieties of Flashlights available in the market with different features. Here we have mentioned a few different types of flashlights that are easily available:
- Keyring flashlights: These flashlights are very compact and are integrated into a keychain. This makes them easy to carry and there are less chances of forgetting them at home while traveling as these are attached to the keys.
- Aluminum flashlights: These are like mini torches. The body is mainly made of Aluminum. Aluminum is the lightweight metal and is still strong and durable. These flashlights are also designed to be compact.
- LED flashlights: These flashlights are often large in size. They are available in various shapes, such as square, round, and rectangular. It uses more than one LEDs arranged in various patterns. These lights are very bright.
- Adjustable beam flashlights: These are similar to LED flashlights and make use of LEDs. The main feature that distinguishes these flashlights is their feature of adjusting to nearby and far away objects. They also have a rotational neck, which is helpful in increasing the visibility area.
- 2-in-1 flashlights: These flashlights are similar to LED torches. However, they can be also be used as lanterns, in addition, to being used as beam light.
What are the Benefits of Using The Best Keychain Flashlight You Can Find?
The keychain flashlight is an essential camping and traveling accessory. It is very useful as a source of light. There are various benefits of purchasing the best keychain flashlight:
- Portable and compact: It is very compact (as small as a keychain) and hence is very compact. You carry them along with your keys. This flashlight is apt for places where portable camping generators aren’t useful.
- Replaceable Battery: They are powered by normal batteries, which are replaceable. This makes sure that Keychain flashlights can be used as long as you want. All you need to do is to replace the old batteries with new ones and continue using them.
- Durable: They are made of durable metals like aluminum. Although it is tiny in size, this product is a must-have when you are out for hunting, especially in dense areas where darkness may occur. Yes, we would consider it as an essential add-on when gathering equipment for camping and hunting outdoors.
- You cannot miss this: As keychain flashlights are integrated with your keys, there is a very rare chance that you will miss these. Everyone use to carry their house keys with them while traveling. Therefore, this flashlight will be with you for sure.
How to Choose the Best Keychain Flashlight for Yourself?
It is very important that you chose the best keychain flashlight that meets your requirements. You should consider various factors while getting a keychain flashlight for yourself. Below are a few of them:
1. Light output
This is measured in the unit called Lumens. This is the measure of the intensity of light. The lumens mentioned on Flashlight specifications tell you about the intensity of light that flashlight produces if set to maximum and uses new batteries.
If you are getting a flashlight for mild usage such as reading books, then you can go for Flashlight producing 20 lumens. However, if you are going out camping and need the flashlight for a long-distance view, you will have to go for 3500 lumens or so.
2. Beam distance
The intensity of light is not the measure of beam distance. It is measured in meters. It is equal to the distance until which the brightness of light fades to the amount that is equivalent to moonlight on a full moon night. Full moon light is considered to be safe while traveling in the night.
3. Run time
You should also consider the duration of which the flashlight can be used effectively. It is measured in hours. It is the duration by which the output of the flashlight drops you 10% of the rated output.
Here we have mentioned some keychain flashlight; you can look into their main features, pros, and cons before buying one of them:
ThruNite Ti3 EDC Cree XP-G2 R5 AAA Torch Max120 Lumens LED Flashlight, Mini, Cool White
The first time you turn it on, you would be amazed to see how bright it is. This small size keychain flashlight can be used for ½ an hour with 120 lumens. This small flashlight is easy to carry and you can attach it to your key rings easily. You will find two ways of reversible attachment that allows for hat brim attachment.
This can be the best product to use on various different occasions like dog walking, trekking, camping, day hiking, touring, outdoor application, and tour. It comes with two bulb options include Neutral White and Cool White.
- It is powered by AAA battery
- It can easily pump out 120 Lumens
- Maximum beam distance: 50 Meters
- It comes with one keychain ring
- OP reflector
- Weight: 12 gram
- Dimensions: 70*14 mm
- Cree XP-G2 R5 LED
- Strobe mode
- Impact resistance: 1.2 meters
- Useful clip
- Input voltage: 0.9 to 3 V
- Compact and solid
- Easy to carry
- Warranty: 2 years
- Unimpressive run time
- The twist switch can annoy users
SureFire Sidekick 300-Lumen Ultra-Compact Triple-Output Keychain Light, Black
You can carry this powerful LED illuminator anywhere. It comes with an easily rechargeable sidekick that makes it ready to use during emergencies. It produces a smooth and broad vision beam optimized for human eyes. You can get the intuitive pushbutton switch to deliver all 3-output levels by pressing it simply. It comes with a lightweight and compact polymer body that makes it weather resistant.
- High-Performance LED
- Micro USB charging port
- Split rings allow quick draw and east attachment to keys
- Mini cabinet clip
- 2-gram weight
- Made of aerospace aluminum to provide great strength
- Easily rechargeable sidekick using a wall charger or vehicle
- Runtime: (5 to 300 lumens max vision)
- 1-year Guarantee
- Lightweight and compact
- Designed for everyone
- Perfect safety lighting
- Versatile enough for emergency and recreational use
- The default startup mode is firefly
Final Thoughts on the Best Keychain Flashlight
The keychain flashlight is a staple that has come a long way in the last few years, as we have mentioned before. Thanks to innovative devices from shops of all sizes, both small and large, that have been trying to improve your everyday carrying of the devices.
Keychain flashlights we’re, at one time, good for a week or two of lighting up your dark areas, but they were no good in the rain, snow, or other harsh weather conditions. Nowadays, they are a great way to heighten the overall function ability and look of the keychain you currently have.
There are tons of keychain flashlights on the market right now, but the best keychain flashlights offer plenty of LED light output, as well as a sturdy design. This design usually includes materials such as titanium, steel, and aluminum. All of these can resist the harsh conditions the keychain faces when carried day in and day out.
More info you need
Another amazing feature is the ability to have a keychain attachment that fits on your current keyring. Though every flashlight on the list above comfortably fits on most conventional keychains, they are also light and small enough to be carried in your pocket. This works well for those who favor a small key ring and less of the loud key jingle with each step you take.
We don’t expect even the best keychain flashlight to replace a traditional, heavy-duty flashlight. We know none of these can realistically compete, but we also know keychain flashlights were never meant to compete with “real” high power flashlights. However, a key ring flashlight is easier to carry because it is lighter, and it is also more cost friendly than the larger one. We hope this list helps those who want to shine some light on their everyday keychain.
Last update on 2021-09-24 at 18:34 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API