Eat And Drink Fresh Even When Camping Outdoors: Comprehensive Guide To Choose The Best Camping Cooler Online!
Sometimes you need the motivation to go ahead. Leave your phone and laptop at home and plan an outdoor activity away from home.
Camping involves an overnight stay in a tent, caravan or a small home. So, once decided to go for a camping trip, it is essential to have safe food storage. It is recommended to have the best camping cooler to keep food items safe, during your camping trip.
Top 5 Best Camping Cooler 2017 Market
Which are the Different Types of Camping Coolers available in the Market?
Let’s understand the varieties of portable camping coolers that are available in the US market in the recent times.
1. Traditional Coolers
It is a familiar design where you can see them at any grocery or hardware store. These models feature foam insulation, which is kept between plastic shells and are glued together. The lids will be attached with screw on hinges, and you can snap shut using internal mechanism. Traditional models will be available at an affordable cost.
2. High-end Design Coolers
If you require an enhanced performance in insulation and better durability, you can prefer high-end camping coolers. Top-notch models are best camping coolers because they are more durable than traditional one and food will remain cold for more than six days. These models use Rotational molding process, which is injected with insulating foam. They can be pricey.
3. Soft Models Camping Coolers
Soft models are lightweight and take less space. They are easier to carry with a backpack style. They can be used for a 1-day trip or a picnic. A can of soft drink easily fit inside the camping cooler; they can be easily operated using portable generators ideal for camping.
4. Electric Coolers
These models work with electricity. You must plug them into a car cigarette lighter or a wall socket. They will have an indeterminate cooling capacity until they are electrically connected. These coolers are ideal for those who stay outdoors, especially in hotel rooms.
Why do You need to Carry Camping Coolers when Camping Outdoors?
- For multi-day camping trips, the coolers can be used to keep all required food items fresh and cool.
- They can keep your breakfast, lunch, and dinner chilled.
- Keep your drinks chill for events, parties, and gatherings.
What to Look for when Choosing the Best Camping Cooler for Yourself?
There are few things to be kept in mind to purchase best camping coolers.
- Insulation performance – The main purpose of a cooler is to keep things cold, so one most important factor to consider is the performance of insulation. High-end model coolers with thick wall provide good insulation.
- The size of the cooler – Coolers is available in different size. Decide how much you will be required to store inside the cooler. Ice will take about one-quarter of the space. For multi-day camping, you should buy a bigger cooler around 66-qt to 77 qt. If you are planning a day trip, 28-qt to 54-qt cooler will be enough.
- Durability – The cooler you buy should be durable enough to be taken for a week long camping trip several times in a year. The more durable cooler, the more it will be expensive. Buy a cooler made of tough plastic and able to withstand all type of weather condition.
- Practicality – Large plastic coolers can be heavy to transport when filled. So, prefer buying a wheeled cooler that can be towed from one place to another. If you are going for a hiking trip, choose a lightweight, comfortable cooler with carrying straps.
Let us have a look at the top 5 camping coolers available in the American marketplace today:
1. Coleman 48-Quart Cooler, Blue
This cooler can be used to store food items up to 3 days. They are large enough to hold 63 cans and tall enough to hold 2-liter bottles upright position. If you are planning for an overnight camping trip, the blue color cooler is enough to store food.
- The camping cooler is rustproof and leak resistant drain
- Hinged lids make it easy for you to open and close
- Two-way handle make it easy for you to carry
- The Thermozone insulation doesn’t contain HCFCs, which can deplete the ozone
2. Rubbermaid Ice Chest/Cooler, 60 Quart Wheeled
The Rubbermaid 60 Quart cooler comes up with a special split lid design. This helps people to grab a beverage easily without releasing cold air from the cooler. They have got built in cup holders which can be flipped out easily to serve drinks. They are well built and large enough to store food items for three days.
- They come with built-in cup holders and just burst out the drink
- The side handles are easy to carry even when they are full of heavy drinks
- The handle is quite long, and you can easily collapse it down when not in usage
- The split lid design keeps cold air trapped inside when you open the cooler
3. Coleman 30 Can Soft Cooler with Hard Liner
The camping cooler is suitable to be used for picnics, sporting events, tailgates, and BBQs. They can hold 30 cans inside, and extra storage space in its front zipped pocket. They come up with an adjustable shoulder strap making it comfortable to carry. The soft cooler provides protection to mold and mildew.
- They can hold 30 cans, making it suitable for a beach party
- The shoulder strap is comfortable and easy to carry
- It has front zippered pocket and side mesh pocket
- They are available in red or green color
4. Coleman 100 Quart Xtreme 5 Wheeled Cooler
The Xtreme 5 Wheeled Cooler aids in keeping foods cold for five days in 90 degrees F heat. The cooler comes up with extra insulation in the lid providing superior cold retention. You can store 160 cans and enough ice for five days. The big cooler comes with two-way handles, comfortable to operate anywhere.
- They can hold more than 6 cases of soda•
- They come up with hinged lids and four cup holders
- The two-way handle provides easy for carrying
- It is rustproof and leak resistant
5. Arctic Zone Titan Zipperless Cooler
The Titan deep freeze cooler has space to keep 16, 30 and 48 size can. The ice inside the cooler will remain there even after three days. The flip open provides quick access to food and drinks. Zipped pocket is there to hold napkins, cell phone, and cutlery. The exterior is tough, water and stain resistant. They feature an adjustable shoulder strap.
- The ultra safe liner meets all FDA and CPSC safety requirements
- The back saver system reduces the weight of the cooler while carrying on the shoulder
- The rhino-tech feature makes the product UV and stain resistant
- The cooler is available in 3 different sizes
A camping cooler is used to keep your beverages and food items chilled. After reviewing the best camping coolers based on what you will use the cooler for, the clear choice for us is the Coleman 48-Quart Cooler. The features are salient and can benefit your usage and camping tours, especially during the summer camping month.
Keep in mind the best cooler is not the one that is the expensive one; it is the one that can flourish camping trips, as per your personal needs.