Are you going on a camping trip and looking for the best cabin tents? Then these are for you. Stable, durable, and able to create value for your money is the name of this game. Cabin style tents are different than dome-shaped tents as these are more spacious and have high headroom.
It has straight poles and vertical walls that distinguish it from other camping tents. If you are looking to the extent of your camping holiday, then nothing would be better than cabin style tent. Its design resembles that one of a house that makes you feel at home, even if you are away from home. It comes with lots of benefits.
Top 5 Best Cabin Tents 2019
What Are Cabin Tents?
The best cabin tents are designed for a group of individuals or families who love to camp frequently. These specially designed tents are also known as cabins due to their shape and size. It is different than other tents. Cabin tents are available in various sizes.
These tents are versatile and can be used in different locations. It comes with good material that protects you from wind, rain, dirt, and sun. It creates a peak to allow rainwater to run off on either side of the cabin tent. These tents are simple to set up and take down.
The best tent choice if your family is planning to camp out: This can be an ideal tent choice for a group of individuals or families who intend to camp for several days or overnight on the same spot. These tents are designed very well to ensure stability.
Spacious: This is also an excellent for campers who need to pack a lot of gear as it provides plenty of space. You can look for large cabin style tent if you find the standard dome tent cramped and small. It comes with straight walls, and you can make better use of space as compared to dome-shaped tents. It provides you with large sleeping areas and extra space to keep your stuff like a cooler, portable cooking stove, chairs, tables, and gear easily in it. These are well-ventilated, spacious, and extremely comfortable.
Sturdier than other tents: This is designed with tough and quality materials that protect you from rainwater, dirt, wind, and sun. These tents are easy to set up and take down. This is well designed and suited to a variety of locations.
What are the Benefits of Using Cabin Tents?
- Best tent choice if your family is planning to camp out: This can be an ideal tent choice for a group of individuals or families who intend to camp for several days or overnight on the same spot. These tents are designed very well to ensure stability.
- Spacious: This is also a very good choice for campers who need to pack a lot of gear as it provides plenty of space. You can look for large cabin style tent if you find the standard dome tent cramped and small. It comes with straight walls, and you can make better use of space as compared to dome-shaped tents. It provides you large sleeping areas and extra space to keep your stuff like cooler, portable cooking stoves, chairs, tables, and gear easily in it. These are well-ventilated, spacious, and extremely comfortable.
- Sturdier than other tents: This is designed with tough and quality materials that provide protection from rainwater, dirt, wind, and sun. These tents are easy to set up and take down. This is well designed and suited to a variety of locations.
How to Choose the Best Cabin Tents for Yourself?
If you are a new camper then finding the best cabin tents can be a daunting task for you. You need to know how to choose the best cabin tent for your camping trip. Sometimes campers buy smaller or bigger tent than they need, it may be difficult to set up. In this guide, we have mentioned some factors that help you find right tent for enjoyable camping in big groups.
1. Number of People
Cabin tents come with the capacity to accommodate the people. If you are going with family, then you should look for the 6 or 8 person tent. The spacious tent gives you room for storing your stuff and bedding. You should think about the space of tent before purchasing it. Size matters when it comes to buying a tent.
Some cabin tents are available to use in different environment and locations while others are not. So you should look into this feature while buying a tent for your next camping trip. A summer tent comes with a lot of ventilation and lightweight material. A 3 season tent comes with lots of different feature that makes it suitable to use during harsh conditions as a storm, heavy rain, cold, and the wind.
Tent material is also an important factor to consider. Canvas tents are waterproof and long lasting, and you can look for it. But this material becomes very heavy after absorbing water. Cabin tents also come with a material choice of nylon and polyester which are also waterproof, but sunlight can cause deterioration over time.
Some larger tents are heavy to transport and larger to pack in bags. So you should look for the lightweight camping tent.
There are some other features that you can look into include ventilation, the number of doors and windows, storage pockets, the size of the awning, and price.
Top 5 Best Cabin Tents
So you have planned your camping trip, and you are looking for cabin tent to carry along on your trip. In this guide, we are going to review top 5 cabin tents; it will help you find out the best cabin tents to carry along for your next trip.
1. Tahoe Gear Glacier
Cabin tent is especially known for its extra-large size and comfort. Tahoe Gear Glacier 3 season tent is the best example of it. It is designed to provide comfortable sleep up to 14 persons and leave space for other stuff too.
This is an ideal option for a longer camping trip with friends or family. It can be divided into two compartments through zipped polyester wall, and you can enjoy intimacy and quietness.
- Provide enough space to accommodate up to 14 Person
- Three Season Tent appropriate for wind, rain, and winter
- The generous 7’ height allows campers to walk easily within the rent.
- This is easy to set up and comes with, stakes, easy setup poles, guy ropes, and rain fly for unexpected weather.
- It is constructed with 1200 mm durable polyester material protects you from hot/cold during the trip.
- Polyester makes it leak free and provides protection from rain.
- Fly features provide extra coverage
- Solar shield to reflect sunlight
- Fly canopy can be extended out to keep tent cooler summer
- Guy ropes to protect tent from strong winds
- Integrated guy ropes on each side protect the tent from strong winds.
- Convenient open mesh design to enhance ventilation
- Solar shield to protect you from direct sun exposure
- Several mesh windows
2. Standing Room 100 Family Cabin Camping Tent
This tent is very useful and can be an ideal option to carry along for your trip or any other outdoor activities. This is very spacious and comes with lots of features that make it perfect for the user. This is solidly constructed with high-quality materials. It also ensures solid tent floor and larger windows.
- 8.5 feet of Head Room
- 2 Big Screen Doors
- Four separate rooms for exit and enter
- Two zippered skylights for added ventilation and star gazing
- Fast & Easy Set Up Cabin Tent,
- Big and large Family Tent
- Extra sidewall
- Wind block
- Tall enough to accommodate the height of everybody
3. Coleman Tenaya Lake 8 Person Fast Pitch Instant Cabin Camping Tent w/ WeatherTec
This is a large and luxurious tent that is specially designed for quick and easy setup. It can make your camping experience more pleasant and convenient as it offered amazing and unique features like hanger bar and built in closet.
It is quite large and fairly light. It is easy to carry and transport as it comes with a rip strip and carrier bag. It has a divider to section off areas to maintain privacy in between rooms.
- Rain fly
- Rectangular shaped simple design
- Different color schemes (blue roof and yellow strips)
- WeatherTec to provide protection from stormy weather and make your camping tent waterproof
- Fast Pitch system to make it easy to set up
- Can accommodate eight persons easily
- ILLUMILINE™ reflective guy lines to keep your tent visible even in low light conditions
- Built-in shaves and closet
- Built in hanger bar
- Mesh pockets
- Six steel poles
- Designed with polyester mesh
- Wheeled carry bag to transport it easily
4. Ozark Trail 10-Person 3-Room XL Family Cabin Tent
This is the perfect tent option that can fit three queen size air mattresses easily. You can create three rooms with the help of removable room dividers. It can easily accommodate ten people and offer them best camping experience. This 20” x 10” cabin style tent offers privacy in the form of separate entrances.
It comes with one central door and two side doors. It offers proper ventilation and panoramic views by offering six windows and two side rooms.
- Sleeping Capacity for ten people
- One center door and two side door for separate entry and exit
- Centre height: 78
- No of rooms: 3
- No of Door: 1
- Airbed Capacity: 3
- No of Windows: 5
- Two organizer pockets
- Ten poles
- Comes with frame canopy
5. CORE 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent - 18' x 10'
This huge tent comes with amazing design and lots of useful features. It offers hassle free set up as poles are pre-connected to the tent which is simple to unpack, spread, extend and fit. It takes hardly two minutes to assemble that helps you save your time and efforts and enjoy the camping trip at fullest.
It is spacious enough to fit three queen air mattresses. It features two room dividers to create a three room tent.
- Centre height: 80 inch
- Space: 18 x 10 feet
- Electrical cord access port
- Storage pockets
- Multiple room dividers
- Sleep Capacity: 12 people
- Core H20 Block Technology
- Removable fully taped rainfly
- Advanced venting system
- Zippered privacy panels on windows and doors
- Steel poles
Necessities for Camping and Hunting Trips
Bring Your Favorite Hunting Knife
Any experienced hunter will inform you that a great knife is essential. It isn’t just for skinning your game, but it can even be used to save your life. Many hunters who go hunting regularly will have a favorite that they have probably used for years, and do not go without.
To find your perfect knife, you will need one that feels good in the hand and will endure the difficulties of chopping branches and the other hard uses of that nature. Make sure you choose one that will meet all your hunting and camping needs, just make sure it is not a basic pocket knife. These do not do the same job.
Take Along Your First Aid Kit
There is a strong possibility that you will get a cut while in the great outdoors; therefore, a good safety kit is essential. At the bare minimum, your kit should have alcohol swabs, bandages of differing sizes, and some kind of antibiotic salve.
For any cuts or bruises, these things will be good enough. But remember to pack extra band-aids and creams that you may need, just in case.
Pack Your Survival Kit
A survival kit can be incredibly handy, yet they are also lightweight. Just so you know, the most essential thing these should include, to be on the safe side, is a heating blanket. You never know when you might need something to keep you warm.
Some other important things to include in your survival kit are waterproof matches, a fire starter, a good compass, some rope, a flashlight and extra batteries, water purifying tablets and some emergency food rations. All these things can be worth the additional cost, and when kept safe they can be a real lifesaver. Keep it close to your first aid kit then all you have to do is find your way back to camp.
Wear Proper Hunting Apparel
The purpose of purchasing hunting apparel isn’t to look good and stand out in a fashionable way. It is actually to make you stand out in the forest, so the other hunters know where you are. Aside from that, you do need the right clothes when hunting and normal clothes just won't cut it.
Some of these include a good pair of boots that are waterproof, a hunting jacket that is sturdy and will keep you warm and dry, and plenty of bottom layers to keep you warm. It is these underneath layers that are the secret of warmth. Instead of wearing one thick sweater, wear a couple of thinner shirts and pants. They trap warmth in between.
Don’t Forget Wet Wipes
It might sound silly to be little carrying around wet wipes with you in the outdoors, but when you have been handling bloody animals, you will be glad you did.
Wet wipes can clean and sanitize your hands to prepare them for when you need to eat. Make sure not to purchase scented ones. Your prey can smell these from afar.
Final Thoughts on the Best Cabin Tents
There are many different styles and designs available on the market, but you should choose the right one for you. In this guide, we have mentioned five of the best cabin tents which come with good features. Every cabin tent has its significance and use; you can choose one of them as per your need.
We recommend that you to go for Coleman Tenaya Lake cabin tent. This is our personal favorite among the best cabin tents, as it is a luxurious tent that comes with innovative features that make your trip enjoyable and hassle free. Hope you find this post useful and interesting. Please do comment if you have any query.