Detailed Guide On The Best First Aid Kit For Camping Outdoors
Whether you are at home or camping outdoors, first aid kits are necessary for the purpose of aiding your injuries. These injuries are unforeseen and can take place when most unexpected. They consist of all the supplies possible that can be used to reduce the chances of infection and curb the impact of a severe injury.
They come in a tiny suitcase like boxes with a Red Cross splashed across them and can be easily stored in your vehicle or be carried remotely in your bag pack as well.
1. What is the benefits and importance of having a first aid kit?
Owning a first aid kit is no longer an option – it is a necessity. It is something every outdoor camper should carry. Like mentioned previously, they are important because they attend to severe injuries and help you curb the impact of an accident. Following given are a few carrying a first – aid kit to camp:
- Fixed supply: What is a first aid kit? It is simply the kind of kit that consists of all the supplies in one, central location. You don’t have to find yourself in a situation wherein you are looking for help. In fact, you might not even find one if you are planning on going camping to someplace quite remote. Imagine feeling the sense of reassurance that everything you need is in one box, and you go straight and fetch it.
- Convenience: You can simply store it in your vehicle or bag pack. It is easily accessible without having to go through a lot of hassle. In fact, it’s the best kind of solution to any accident if you are planning a camping trip with your family.
- During times of need: It is going to be most helpful when the time of emergency arises. Accidents are obviously not planned, and there is probably no way of knowing when they will take place, however; knowing that all the necessary medical supplies can be countered through the means of a simple box is enough to give you a peace of mind.
2. Fast First Aid Tips for Commonly Occurring Accidents
You can probably not prevent all the accident – prone possibilities while you are camping outdoors. However, what you can do is carry all the necessities to ensure that if, such a situation does occur; you can counter it systematically.
Following given are a few of the most commonly occurring accidents and tips on how one should behave during times like these:
- Firstly, you must act fast. Take a sanitized cloth and press firmly over the area of the injury until the bleeding stops. This can easily take up to 3-15 minutes. Be patient!
- Afterward, clean the wound using lukewarm water. Gently tap it, while you are cleaning the wound. In case the skin is broken, you are required to apply a thin layer of antibiotic ointment over it.
- While the above given are mere immediate solutions; one must immediately seek professional help if the situation is severe.
- Firstly, you must stay calm. Make sure you have access to fast and cool running water in which you can dab a towel and apply it to the bruised region until the pain subdues.
- Use a first – aid bandage or tape to cover any portions of tiny blisters or cuts to prevent infection.
- If the skin is broken, you may apply the antibiotic cream and cover the area with gauze.
- Make sure the injured individual is sitting upright in case of a nosebleed. After that, apply the proper amount of pressure for around five to ten minutes.
- In the case of swelling, make use of ice pack or water against the injured region and continue doing so until the bleeding slows down.
- If the bleeding doesn’t stop, it is the time you seek professional help as soon as possible.
- Use septic soap over the splinter affected area, first. After that, rinse it gently with water.
- Through the use of tweezer – like appliance available in the first – aid kit, pull the splinter out of the skin. Simultaneously rub it using alcohol to enhance healing.
- Some pieces may be quite difficult to remove. Patience is the key during such times. Give such pieces a day’s time and see if they come out on their own.
- You must consult a doctor immediately in any case.
- If you are out in the wild, insect bite or sting quite commonly occur. While, they may not be all the painful; however, they can cause an infection that may result being fatal if not treated properly.
- Scrap the skin and remove the stinger venom out of your body using tweezers.
- To avoid itching of the skin, gently dab a cold cloth over the affected area for some time. Apply a soothing lotion or hydrocortisone cream to the skin.
3. What are the essentials of first aid kit?
If you’re planning on purchasing a ready – made first aid kit from a store, ensure that it contains the following mentioned essentials:
· Breathing Barrier: This essentially comes to use when the subject needs to administer CPR. They are disposable and quite convenient to carry too.
· Tweezers: You can make use of tweezers to remove glass splinters or even during an insect bite. They are essentials, and every first aid kit should consist of one.
· Lotion: Hydrocortisone cream, calamine lotion, and antibiotic applications are required to ail bites, injuries or even stings during camping clots.
· Wipes: There is a facility of alcohol wipes made in the market too. Alcohol wipes come most handy when you need to clean the appliances that you use to treat your injury. This ensures the prevention of infection.
· Gloves: One must never treat an injury with bare hands. It is important to wear on – latex gloves when treating a wound, otherwise infection is bound to spread and worsen the situation.
· Thermometer: Anything can happen even if you are living in a six person tent. Therefore, to check the temperature of your body, a son – mercury thermometer is essential. Ensure that it is not made of glass since you want to avoid the chances of it breaking.
· Sanitizer: Since you will be camping outdoor, you will naturally not have access to soap and water to clean your hands after visiting a portable toilet. Therefore, a sanitizer is most essential during times like this.
· Blanket: In the case of burns, a blanket comes most hand to prevent heat loss. Moreover, it is the perfect immediate treatment for shocks that may have been caused due to the given tragedy.
· Cold compress: Just like wet wipes are available to make cleaning easier; similarly, cold compress is available to control swelling after a sting or subside overtly pain that has been caused due to a burn or an insect bite.
Top Rated First Aid Kits for Camping Outdoors
Here are some of the first aid kits that you may want to consider purchasing:
1. Coleman Expedition First Aid Kit (205-Piece), Red
The Coleman Expedition First Aid Kit is specially designed for all those looking for their ultimate adventure in large groups. To ensure the safety of the large group, this 205-piece kit features all the aspects that are essential. They are systematically placed in such a way that there is enough room to ensure proper organization for all the elements.
- Large inventory: Like mentioned previously, the Coleman Expedition First Aid Kit is designed to cater to those who are looking to venture out in bigger groups. The inventory that the kit consists is large and expansive. Therefore, even if you’re looking to go for a longer trip that usual, you can stay assured that this kit will last.
- Essentials: Those behind the idea of this kit, have successfully included all the important elements in this kit. Each and every item in this kit is those that are needed most during times of needs.
- Organized: The thing about the Coleman Expedition First Aid Kit is that it follows the EZ find system. This enables the successful organization of all the components involved. You won’t have to go through any hassle while you search for your items.
- Size: Many customers have often time complained or have remained uncertain about the size of this kit. Some have even found it to slightly large. However; it is for those who are going in a large group. Therefore, storing this safety kit is hardly an issue.
- Expiration: Every first – aid kit comes with an expiration date because of the elements present inside. However, one must ensure that they purchase the kit after checking the expiration date.
2. Small First Aid Kit 100 Piece: Car, Home, Survival
This small first – aid kit comes with a 100 mid – line items. They are most useful when it comes to treating minor injuries. They are highly qualitative by nature. They have especially been put together with the intention of delivering a high level experience to its owner.
- 100% refund policy: You need not worry about being unsatisfied with this kit, for it offers a 100% refund policy. To support their claim of being one of the best in the market, they overtly give you the guarantee of delivering a highly – qualitative service.
- Small & lightweight: The name itself suggests that this first – aid kit is small. Therefore, it becomes highly convenient for one to carry it anywhere they’d want. More than that, it is lightweight, thus; in case you want to carry the kit around in your bag pack while you are camping outdoors, you may do so without having to worry about the additional weight it will garner on your shoulders.
- Packaging: The small first aid kit 100 pieces comes in a durable bag. It is soft too and can be easily adjusted in a congested bag pack. It is very difficult to break it apart. Thus, the durability of the bag is longer than expected.
- Upgraded: A strong customer feedback can be observed for this product especially when it comes to making the most recent elements of the first – aid kit available in the package. They are unique and designed to suit the needs of the customers.
- Small in size: While everything else seems to be perfect with this kit, slight issue gradually arises for those who are looking towards funding for a larger group. It is true that small first aid kit is highly convenient to carry, however; larger groups sometimes run out of the needed essentials.
- Limited: What tends to happen is that the access remains limited due to the small size. The products are qualitative, but the sense of accessibility to this product is quite reserved.
3. First Aid Kit Hard Red Case 326 Pieces Exceeds OSHA and ANSI Guidelines
The Be Smart Get Prepared first aid kit is made available in the market in a hard – carrying case. There is a substantial amount of space inside. It exceeds all OSHA guidelines. It further meets ANSI types I and II requirements, as well. Equipped with a multi – compartment organizer, it can be carried around easily too.
- Comprehensive: While the covering of this product must be hard and limited – looking, you will be surprised to find the great amount of space available inside the bag – pack. There is enough space to store a comprehensive list of treatment products especially given the multi – compartment organizer.
- Organized: This brings us to our next advantage that comes along with using the Be Smart Get Prepared first aid kit. You are given quick access to all and any products stored inside the compartments. The interiors are well organized.
- Resistant: The first aid kit is given a hard plastic case. This automatically makes the product much more impact resistant that it already is. One can remain assured that the product has a high durability rate.
- Convenient: What is great about this is that it is also foldable. Therefore, in case you want to space more space, you can simply fold it. He slides latches ensure security in a singular place.
- Uncertainty: Many – a – times there have been complaints about the quality of the product offered inside. For instance, the gloves offered should be 100% laxative, however; there is a sense of uncertainty with the authenticity of the product.
- Heavy: As compared to other products, this first – aid kit is slightly heavier. Since the cover is made of plastic, it tends to add more weight to the carrier’s shoulders. However, if you are traveling by car, then that should be no issue at all.
4. AAA 85 Piece Commuter First Aid Kit
The AAA 85 Piece Commuter First Aid Kit is made using a sturdy hard shell case that is approximately 6.2 x 7.75 x 2 inches in size. It weighs merely 0.70 and therefore is considered to be the lightest.
- Lightweight: One of the greatest advantages of this product is that it is light – weight. Therefore, when it comes to traveling long distance by foot, you may not worry about carrying too much baggage. It is all taken care of by AAA 85 Piece Commuter First Aid Kit.
- Compact: When one is camping outdoors, he/she would naturally prefer a smooth experience. In other words, they would want to travel light. The AAA 85 Piece Commuter First Aid Kit is compact and therefore can fit into any bag – pack quite easily.
- Easy identifying: You may not worry about getting into a hassle of searching for what you need for this kit is designed with clear pockets which make it easy for one to identify the right products and use them accordingly.
- Small in size: Again, the problem will probably arise when it comes to those who are looking to travel in larger groups. The question is, will this be able to cater to all? It is something unpredictable.
5. First Aid Kit For Survival and Minor Emergencies (100 Pieces) Light, Compact, and Comprehensive - Perfect for Home, Auto, Road Trips, Camping, or Any Other Outdoors Activities
This First Aid Kit is certainly one of a kind. It comes in a water-resistant soft bag, adding to the durability level of product. What’s more? It’s small and light as well. It consists of all the essentials one may require during camping.
- Well stocked: This is like an all-in-one goodness wherein it is well-stocked as well as small and compact.
- Water-resistant: As compared to other products, this lasts for much longer as it is water resistant as well.
- Unnecessary products: Needless to say it most certainly is well stocked, however; it seems like it is overly well – stocked. There are few unnecessary items too.
In my opinion, a perfect first – aid should be the kind that offers the needful in a small packaging. Like also mentioned previously, it should last for longer, otherwise, what’s the use? It seems like First Aid Kit Survival wins our vote. Although it is overly well – stocked, you never know what need might unexpectedly arise.