Stay Warm and Cozy Even While You Are Outdoors – Best Camping Heaters Buying Guide!
Are you fond of hiking? If you like to go to chilled places for hiking, then you must be aware how difficult it is to survive in cold weather. You must follow simple, yet important tricks to survive during winter camping. Tent, food, clothes and other essentials are in the list when you pack your bags. However, this time does not forget to add camping heater on your to-do list.
Now, the real question is how to buy best camping heater to make your camping experience easeful. Here, this buyer’s guide will help you to figure out what should you buy. All the detailed information mentioned below about different products will show you nuance between them.
Top 3 Best Camping Heaters 2017 Market
What are the Various Types of Camping Heaters available in the Market?
There are mainly two types of heaters available out there; they are:
1. Electrically Operated Heaters
If you are going for hiking in such an area where there is access to the electricity, then you can carry any of the types of heaters mentioned below. In case, if you are carrying a portable camping generator along, then also these types of heaters are ideal. The most convincing reason to carry this kind of heaters is their size and weight.
These heaters are small in size and light in weight. You can easily shift them from one place to another. These occupy less space in your tent.
- Electric fan heaters
- Electric tent heaters
- Under floor heaters
- Halogen heaters
2. Heaters Operated without Electricity
If you do not have any source of electricity when camping outdoors, especially at cold USA locations, then these are apt for you. When you are out there in woods in chilled weather, you need a heater, which works on its own. Such heaters presented below are best at this. The only demerit is that these heaters are big in size and consume more space in your tent.
- Oil filled radiators
- Catalytic heaters
- Gas heaters
What are the Benefits and Drawbacks of Using Camping Heaters?
There are various advantages associated when using portable heaters during cold camping nights; let us go through them in details.
- Carrying camping heaters on your trip will make your trip cozy and comfortable.
- Even if you are camping in hot summer, do not forget that nights will always be cool. Camping heaters will help you to go through it.
- Normally, people go for hiking in woods or hills and set up their camps near water quantities. These heaters will help you to keep your ambiance warm.
Alike all other products, portable camping heaters also face a few drawbacks, which you should be acknowledged. This information is essential before you make a decision of purchasing these portable camping tools.
- If you fail to choose the correct heater, your tent can catch up the fire. Moreover, it can start melting due to high temperature.
- They are heavy and occupy good space in your tent.
- While planning to use the heater inside the tent, you need to be very careful, and you should pick the perfect type of heater for you use. Otherwise, your safety will be in danger.
- If your tents are small, then do not leave your heater on in your absence.
- If you use the heater without a serious need and keep it running for a long time, then you may be inviting troubles.
How to Safely Use Camping Heaters in Camping Tents?
It is important to ensure utmost safety within the camping tents when using portable heaters during winter nights.
- Always read manufacture’s user manual carefully and follow every instruction.
- Do not leave camping heaters inattentive.
- Always turn on the heater when most needed such as during chilled nights.
- Buy a correct camping heater according to the need of your tent.
- While adding fuel in a heater, be careful and make sure you do not spread it all around.
- Keep your window open while your camping heater in turned on.
- Put your heater on the flat and solid surface in your tent.
How to Choose the Best Camping Heater for Yourself?
There are several factors, which you should consider before you approach any store for buying such heaters. Some of the important factors that you must consider to make your camping experience amazing are mentioned below. Review them meticulously.
When you go for hiking, you have to carry a limited amount of luggage with you. In this way, you can effortlessly move ahead. However, in cold weather, you have to carry a camping heater with you.
Therefore, always prefer to buy small size heater. Such camping heaters will not consume more space in your baggage. They do not even occupy more space in a tent if you are willing to use it in a tent.
Some of the camping heaters available in the market are very heavy. You cannot carry them while hiking. Therefore, you cannot overlook the weight of your heater. Always look for the weight before you buy a new camping heater.
Which kind of fuel is necessary to run your heater is very important to consider. Gas, petrol, diesel, etcetera are the fuels which are used in heaters. Always buy a heater which is economical and efficient.
While buying any product from the market, the single most thing that you consider is its efficiency. Likewise, any camping heater you buy should be very efficient. Its performance should justify its cost.
Here, we have mentioned details of the three best camping heaters that are available in the US market, and are also popular among the American campers. Scrutiny all the information and pick the perfect one to fulfill your need.
1. Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy Indoor-Safe Portable Radiant Heater (4,000-9,000-BTU)
If you are packing your bags for hiking, then do not miss to pack this camping heater. This heater operates electrically; therefore, you may either require a generator or a place where electricity is easily available. This heater is originated in the USA. It is available in black-red color.
- Weighs 9.5 pounds
- Size is 9 x 14.2 x 14.4 inches
- Heater does not have a folding feature
- Heating space of around 225 square feet
2. Texsport Portable Outdoor Propane Heater
It is a propane fuel heater. If you are looking for an economical camping heater, then you may consider this one as the best option for camping in the cold. Propane is cheaper than other fuels, which proves its economical use; it is an ideal product for those camping in cold locations without electricity. Only one color is available; it is a silver color.
- Weighs 3 pounds
- Size is 6 x 9 x 10.5 inches
- Uses stainless steel burner which is durable
- Paddle foot base of plastic
- Helps to provide stability
- Propane fuel cylinder with a capacity of 16.4 oz or 14.1 oz
3. Texsport Bulk Tank Double Propane Heater
Texsport double tank heater offers double the warmth; this is perfect for outdoor winter camping that is not supported with electricity. An additional bulk tank may be connected; however, the tank is not included in the package.
This portable heater is equipped with fire-retardant material made of nylon, and netting made of cotton mesh. It measures 18L x 13.4W x 15H (Inches.)
- Adjustable burner with on/off pressure regulator
- Auto shut-off facility to stop fuel when the flame goes out
- Heavy-duty, long-lasting ceramic burner
- Safety grips with steel reflectors and steel frame support
- Comes with a display box
While going for winter hiking, you should not miss packing the most efficient camping heater in your baggage. We have reviewed the best three among those available in the recent times; and, we believe that Texsport Bulk Tank Double Propane Heater is the best among the three above. It can keep your tent and your nights warm and cozy.
You should consider all the factors mentioned above before buying new camping heater because the best camping heater is the one which satisfies your every need.