Choose the Best Camping Cot for the Outdoors!
Whenever we think about outdoor activities, adventure sports, and camping tents, we get thrilled. These are the activities that make us livelier and cheerful. This happens because we get bored with our routine life, and we want something new and thrilling to make some changes for getting refreshed. There was a time when thinking about and planning for outdoor activities was not easy. There were so many reasons like no availability of the proper sleeping system, tent, and portable toilet. But now, such activities have become much easy as you may have almost everything that can make your outdoor camping very easy, such as packing the best camping cot available.
Best Camping Cot Ideas
Proper and comfortable sleeping system is an essential for such adventurous sports because these are very tedious activities, and if you do not have a sound sleep, you can enjoy these activities at full scale. There are plenty of options available that are effectual enough for your sound sleep. Camping cots are ideal sleeping systems. However, even these best camping cots are not suitable for all camping situation.
Best Camping Cot Value Section
Some camping cots are available in the market. But for finding the best camping cot for your camping situations, you need to ponder over some important things so that you can find the best camping cots to enjoy the lively outdoor adventures at the fullest scale at the camp hammock.
1. How to Choose the Best Camping Cots?
A wide variety of the best camping cots are available with different kinds of sizes, weights, frame, and fabric, and so on. So, choosing one best for your outing activities is not an easy task. You need to ponder over so many things before making purchases. The heavier cots offer you more comforts while lighter cots are less comfortable.
But, if you opt for a heavier cot, it might not be easy to carry it one place to another. That’s why; the portable cots with light weight are dear. So, before buying the best camping cot you can find, you need to see whether or not you can carry the cot easily from one place to another easily. If you can, you can opt any, but if you can’t, you need a portable cot.
2. Advantages and Disadvantages of these Camping Cots?
All kinds of sleeping systems, whether they are camping air beds, sleeping pads, foam pads, camping hammocks, sleeping bags, rectangular bags, or zip together bags, are not perfect for all kinds of outdoor activities, so the best camping cots also have their pros and cons. There are some pros and cons of camping cots below:
Pros of Camping Cots:
- They are without any doubt comfortable.
- They offer under bed storage.
- They are good for keeping you cool if the weather is hot.
- They are best for off the ground sleeping.
- You can climb in and out effortlessly.
- They are also good for keeping you away from the insects to much extent.
Cons of the Camping Cots:
- They are weighty so inconvenient to carry one place to another place.
- They are not good for cold weather as they do not provide any insulation.
- You may have a problem in moving as they may create a valley.
3. Things to Ponder Over Before Buying Camping
While buying the best camping cot, there are several factors that need your attention. Doing so, you can buy one best cot for your thrilling outdoor activities. Some of the important factors are as follow:
· Weight: One of the most important factors that you need to ponder over before buying any camping cot. Different kinds of camping cots come with different weights. They may begin from 2 to 3 pounds to 15 to 20 pounds. There are also heavy duty cots made of steel weigh more. So you can choose any one of lightweight or heavy duty, but do not overlook the requirement of your outdoor trip.
· Size: The most suitable size for the most of the adults is 25” wide and 75” long. However, you can also find some other sizes for the camping cots which are suitable for shorter and taller people.
· Portability: There are different kinds of cots that offer different kinds of portability. The packed weight and size are the factors that decide portability of a cot. Some cots collapse less, some other more; there are also such cots that can be disassembled completely. The cots that are considered most portable are weighed just 2 to 4 pounds.
· Assembling of Cots: It is also an important factor, how easily, you can unfold or assemble a cot. There are some cots that are so simple that you need just to unfurl the joints, while others need proper assembling.
· Fabric: You must pay attention to the fabric of the cot. It must be supportive as well as you can clean it easily. In this regard, Nylon and Polyester fabric are the best. Contrary to it, cotton canvas fabric is not good for it catches dust and it is also heavy.
· Comfort and Support: Spring system and fabric tension are those things that give you helpful sleeping surface. Whether it is spring system or fabric tension, you can find both, in some cots, adjustable so that you can adjust them as per your wish for more support and comfort. So before buying, you need to check that these systems are adjustable in the camping cots that you are going to purchase for your outdoor activities.
4. What are Camping Cots Suitable for?
It’s clear that camping cots are not a good choice for all kinds of outdoor activities because they are a bit heavier than other sleeping options. Camping cots are best for long term camping like research trips and base camps as well as they are good for supported motorbike trips, canoe camping, and also car camping.
Top 5 Best Camping Cot Favorites with High Ratings:
1. Coleman Pack-Away Cot with Side Table
Coleman Pack-Away Cot with side table is one such a camping cot that can be used inside as well as outside. It is a perfect cot that you can use it to relax, rest, and also read. The things that makes this a best camping cot is that it is equipped with a side table which can be removed as per the requirement.
So, this cot also gives you enough room for keeping snacks, books, and other personal things. Moreover, this cot also has a drink holder. This is a cot that has been made from a supportive steel frame. It is an extra wide cot in size, so a person with a maximum height 6ft. 8in can comfortably lie down. It is strong enough to weigh 300 lbs or 136.07 kg.
It is a suitable camping cot which can be set up very easily and you can also fold it up effortlessly. It is one such cot that can make a big difference with your experience of outdoor activities.
- It is an extra wide cot so it offers more than enough space to relax well.
- It has been made of heavy duty steel frame, so it is durable and supportive to provide enough comfort.
- It is supported with tough polyester which is good for better support. As well as, it is also easy to clean it.
- Its height is also good for most of the adult person.
- Ideal for camping, as well as it can also be used when any guest arrives.
- This Coleman pack-away cot has a side slope making it uncomfortable for sleeping longer periods.
- Although the company offers a precise design; however, the fabric isn’t long lasting if intending to use several times.
2. Coleman Comfort Smart Cot
Coleman Comfort Smart Cot is intended for superior comfort. It has been equipped with thick foam mattress and coil spring suspension, so this cot offers you superior comfort as well as perfect support. The cot has been built with a heavy-duty steel frame so that the cot can go long-lasting. This frame is capable of dealing with up to 275 lbs.
It is a one of the best camping cots because it can offer you that comfort that you can have some sound sleep. It is not as wide and long as Coleman Pack-Away Cot with side table, so it is much easier to carry one place to another place. As well as, it is also easy to fold up and unfold it. It can be kept easily inside the car. Thus, this is a very good option for outdoor activities. It is a cot that can be stored in 4 or 5 inches space.
- It is a cot offering you superior comfort because it is equipped with thick foam mattress.
- It has also been fitted with coil spring suspension which makes it additional comfortable. It makes you feel as though you are taking rest on the bed.
- Heavy duty steel frame makes this cot durable.
- This is a cot which is suitable for five ft 7 in people.
- It can easily be cleaned effortlessly.
- It can be set up in small space.
- This cot is not as long and wide as Coleman Pack-Away Cot with side table, so you cannot have the same comfort.
- If you are longer than 7ft 7 inches, it is not suitable for you.
- It has been equipped with thick foam mattress so that you can wipe off. It cannot be washed.
- As it weighs around 16.35, so it is lighter than the previous one, but it is not suitable for to carry it without a vehicle.
- It is less durable than the previous cot, as it is lighter than that.
3. Trademark Innovations Aluminum Portable Folding Camping Bed & Cot
Trademark Innovations Aluminum Portable Folding Camping Bed & Cot is lightweight cot which is a good option for outdoor activities. It is capable enough to offer you a comfortable sleep. It is a cot that is delivered with carrying case. As it is lightweight, it is very easy to carry one place to another place.
The frame of this cot has been built with aluminum so it cannot be expected as sturdy as above two heavy duty cot. From portability, it is a very portable cot because it folds in half, as well as, it is 75 inches long while 25 inches wide. For outdoor activities, it is essential that the cot should be portable. This cot, from portability and comfort, is very good.
- It is a perfect cot for the people who want to have a sound sleep, not on the ground, but they also do not want to carry heavy weight.
- This is a lightweight cot which is efficient enough to offer you great comfort along with great portability.
- It is a good cot for you; anyone can go for it if 75 inches long space is enough for sleep.
- It is capable of weighing 260 lbs.
- You need not assemble it.
- The cots, similar to this one, come with 200 lbs while this comes with 260 lbs, so it is better than others.
- It is made of aluminum frame, so it is not long lasting.
- It is not suitable if you need more than 75” long space.
- It has classic GL cot design which has problems with pin connections and also with end rails.
- It can weigh 260 lbs if it is less for you; it is not the right cot for you.
4. TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camp Cot
TETON Spots Outfitter XXL Camp cot is the most suitable for the campers who wish to have an oversized and rugged cot. This cot is capable enough to bear the 600 pound. For dealing with such a great weight, this cot has been equipped with patented steel leg construction. One of the things that makes this a favorite of the best camping cot is, it is very easy to set it up without any hassle.
However, setup of this cot is very easy, yet you will also get illustrated instructions with this cot so that buyers of this cot have no problems. As well as, you also get a carry bag with this cot for comfort storage. It is a cot that is perfect for multiple tasks like hunting, camping, and indoor, etc. It is also a suitable cot which can be used for your guest.
- It is big and rugged cot which is good for multiple tasks.
- As it is an extra big cot, so people longer than normal height can also relax and lie-down very comfortably, and they can have a sound sleep as well.
- It is equipped with poly canvas top which makes this cot more comfortable.
- Poly canvas top can also be cleaned effortlessly. So it always shines.
- It has patented steel legs which make it sturdier.
- This cot is compatible with cot organizer, under cot storage, Gun Sleeve, XXL Quick Tent, and Outfitter XXL Cam pad.
- As it is an oversized cot with patented steel leg frame, so it is a heavy cot which is comfortable as lightweight cots.
- From portability, it is not considered good cot.
5. Kam-Rite Oversize Kwik Cot
Kam-Rite Oversize Kwik Cot is very comfortable as it gives you full freedom to stretch your body freely. It is also an oversize cot that can be opened effortlessly, and it can offer you comfortable surface of 84” x 33” so that you can have a sound sleep.
This cot has been equipped with two drops down pouches that provide you space to store things like keys, and wallet and so on. These pouches also work as carry handles when the cot is folded. The weight capacity of this cot is 400 lbs. If you need less space, you can fold it down, and it will convert into a cot with 42” x 9” x 8” size. Thus, this is very useful and considered a best camping cot which can also be used for multiple tasks.
- It is a comfortable and versatile cot that can be used for several purposes.
- As it is an oversize cot, you have more than enough space for sound sleep.
- If you need lesser space, you can fold it down, and it will be converted into a compact size cot.
- You need not make efforts to set up this cot; it can be opened in seconds.
- This cot can be used as a chair as well as lounge if you wish to lie-down.
- The cot is so big that you can also use it as a spare bed so that whenever you have a guest, you do not have a problem.
- As this is an oversize cot, so it obviously offers more space and comfort, but, in regard of the portability, it is not as portable as a lightweight cot.
Tips for How to Camp Comfortably after Choosing the Best Camping Cot
Choose a Comfortable Pillow
There are many camping pillows out there. You can find blowup pillows, padded pillows, memory foam pillows, down pillows, and many more. A great pillow is a good addition once you find the best camping cot.
Don’t feel like you ought to go with a genuine camping pillow. When camping, I will often take a standard pillow from my bed at home. It gives me lots of space, and I know it’ll be comfortable.
Remember that memory foam will get harder in cold conditions. So you may want to think about a different kind of pillow if you will be camping.
Wear Correct Clothing
Just like picking the best camping cot, choosing the right clothing is equally important. If you are camping in cold weather, you won’t want to be sleeping with a tank top inside your sleeping bag. On the other hand, in hot weather, you don’t want to sleep in a sweater.
You need to plan for your conditions. In warm weather, it would be perfectly fine to sleep in light loose clothing or even just in your underwear. In cold weather, however, you will want to wear some thicker sleeping wear to help you stay warm in your sleeping bag.
Go to Bed
People don’t typically think about going to bed early when camping, or any vacation for that matter, especially with family or friends. When camping in nice weather, we often want to stay up chatting and having a good time. But the best way to have an enjoyable time is by getting enough sleep!
Don’t Go to Bed Sweaty
Get out of any dirty or sweaty clothes before you go to bed. If you need ideas, a good outfit to sleep in while camping is clean underwear, a light and airy t-shirt, and thin or short bottoms, as well as clean socks.
Pee a Few Times before Bed
Some campers recommend going to use the bathroom a little bit before bed, about a half-hou so, and then again before getting into their sleeping bag. This can help you avoid the begrudged midnight trips.
Stay Away from Overdressing
Wearing heavy clothing to sleep when you camp can get in the way of cooling off. Instead of doing this, bring an old comforter from home to serve as an extra layer when camping.
Repeat Daily Routines
If brushing your teeth is the last time you do before going to bed each night at home, follow the same schedule as you camp. Routines trigger a feeling of schedule and nighttime routine to your new surroundings and setup. Similar to a child sleeping in a new place, taking a bedding item that reminds you of home, from your home, such as a pillow or blanket, can be comforting.
Ignore Most Night Noises
Some new or jumpy campers lay in bed listening anxiously to every little noise that occurs outside of the tent. It’s lovely to hear an owl, but not so pleasant to think you hear a bear. Remember that small animals can sound large at night, so try to relax. It’s like the small dogs that bark at the big ones as they pass by.
If you’ve put away your food correctly, you don’t have to worry. If you can’t shake the fear, grab earplugs, or listen to music as you fall asleep on the best camping cot on the market.
Thoughts on the Best Camping Cots
So, if you have planned for the thrilling outdoor activities or adventure tour, and you are going with your car or another vehicle, you can think about carrying somewhat heavier cot plus extra padding, which will without any doubt offer you extra comfort.
If you are not on such an easy adventure, you can think about ultra light cots which have about 2 to 3-pound weight, and they can easily be carried one place to another place. These ultra light cots are also useful for setting up under any bug net tarp. Thus, through paying the attentions on our Value Section, you will buy the most appropriate and best camping cot, and you can enjoy the outdoor activities thoroughly.
Last update on 2021-01-18 at 01:25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API